The content of this website is based on information available to the France Invest as at the time of editing and accordingly may not remain current. The information has not been verified by the France Invest and no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of the France Invest for any errors, omissions, or misleading statements.
The website is provided as an information guide only and France Invest is not responsible for any consequences arising out of the use of or reliance on this information, and does not accept any liability for any loss incurred. In particular, nothing herein constitutes specific legal or business advice nor should it be taken as such. Parties in need of such advice are urged to consult their legal advisers, bankers, brokers, accountants or other professional advisers.
No reference to any organisation, company or individual, whether on these pages or other websites to which these pages are linked shall imply any warranty as to its standing or capability on the part of the France Invest.
The website is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. France Invest reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify, suspend or discontinue the website or any part of it without notice.
France Invest hereby excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law, any warranty express or implied, as to the quality, fitness for purpose, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, performance or availability of this website or any part of it. France Invest shall not be liable for any loss or damages, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising from or in connection with this website, its contents, its unavailability or any interruption or delay in access to the website for whatever reason.
France Invest does not seek to exclude its liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence. This website contains materials produced by third parties and France Invest accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of any such third party materials. This website also contains links to third party websites which are outside of the France Invest’s control. France Invest is not responsible for, and accepts no liability for, the materials appearing on such third party websites and does not endorse such websites or any goods or services referred to therein.
France Invest have committed to compliance with EU laws in respect of personal data, and to protecting the “rights and freedoms” of individuals whose information France Invest collects in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We are committed to protecting any information from which you can be identified (“personal information”) that you share with us, including any information that you tell us about yourself, what we learn by having you as a customer, and the choices you give us about what marketing you want us to send you.
This policy explains how we use your data and how we protect you. It also tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Our commitment to privacy of your data
France Invest commits:
- To keep your data safe and private.
- To give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time.
Your privacy is protected by law. This section explains how that works. Data Protection laws and regulations require that we use your personal information only if we have a legitimate reason to do so. This includes sharing it outside of France Invest. The lawful reasons that we rely on for using and sharing your data are as follows:
- When we have received your consent: where you have given clear, informed, unambiguous consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose.
- When we have a contract with you: the processing is necessary for a contract you have with us, or because we have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- When we are under legal obligation to process your data: the processing is necessary for you to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- When we are performing a public task: the processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for your official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your data: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests unless these interests are overridden by your rights. A legitimate interest for us is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, but we are required, however, to protect your rights and interests.
The primary lawful basis we rely on for processing your data is that we have a legitimate interest in doing so as we are communicating with you in a professional capacity for a legitimate business or commercial reason which is not outweighed by your rights and freedoms. In some instances we may require sensitive personal data from you, including for example, dietary or accessibility requirements to attend an event, in which case we rely on the need to protect your vital interests and/or your explicit consent for such processing.
Personal information that we collect from you
We may collect your personal information when you:
- register to use our website or services (including free trials); this may include your name (including business name), address, email address and telephone number. We may also ask you to provide additional information about your business;
- complete online forms (including call back requests), take part in surveys, download information such as white papers or other publications or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website or within our application or service;
- interact with us using social media;
- provide your contact details, username and login details to us when registering to use our services, including events and training courses, or becoming a member of France Invest;
- contact us offline, for example by telephone, fax, SMS, email or post;
- provide us with your business card at an event;
- apply for a job with us; and/or
- interact with us as part of your employment with another business (for example you may perform a courier service for us and we might be given your name and phone number as a result)
We may also collect your information where you only partially complete and/or abandon any information inputted into our website and/or other online forms.
We may collect information from your devices (including mobile devices) and applications you or your users use to access and use any of our websites, applications or services (for example, we may collect the device identification number and type, location information and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, your IP address, your browsing history and your web log information) and we will ask for your permission before we do so. We may do this using cookies or similar technologies.
France Invest also gathers information about how the site is used. For instance, our web server automatically collects each visitor’s domain name (the internet name of the organization through which the visitor connects to the site). We also collect aggregate information about users’ visits; such as when the site is visited most often and which areas of the site are accessed most often. We use the automatically collected information to analyse how to improve our site.
Our website and services may contain technology that enables us to:
- check specific information from your device or systems directly relevant to your use of the websites, applications or services against our records to make sure that our website is being used in accordance with our end-user agreements and to troubleshoot any problems;
- obtain information relating to any technical errors or other issues with our website;
- collect information about how you and users use the functions of the features of our website.
Personal information that we receive from other sources
We may collect personal information about you from your organisation’s website or other professional websites.
We may receive information from third parties who collect personal information from you and pass it on to us. This may include someone booking a place at an event for you and inviting you as their guest.
Where a third party passes on personal information to us the third party is responsible for letting you know that they will pass your information to us in order to ensure you are happy with the ways in which your personal information will be used. One example of this is where a member of our staff gives our HR team your contact details because you are that staff-member’s next of kin. We will use that sort of information only for the reason it was provided.
What we do with your personal information
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we use your information to:
- provide any information and services that you wish to use or purchase;
- compare information for accuracy and to verify it with third parties;
- provide, maintain, protect and improve membership applications;
- manage our relationship with you (for example, customer services);
- monitor, measure, improve and protect our content and the website to provide an enhanced user experience for you;
- undertake internal testing of our website, applications, systems and services to test and improve their security and performance. In these circumstances, we would anonymise any information used for such testing purposes;
- provide you with any information that we are required to send you to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations;
- detect, prevent, investigate or remediate, crime, illegal or prohibited activities or to otherwise protect our legal rights;
- process a job application you may have made with us;
- protect and look after our staff; and
- where you have explicitly consented at the time we collected your personal information or where we otherwise have a right to do so, we may contact you to see if you would like to take part in our research activities, including statistical and other studies.
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you about products, services and offers that are relevant to you and/or inform you about important changes or developments to our services, by post, telephone and e-mail. Each piece of communication will have a clear opt-out option to enable you to stop receiving further communication from us.
If you attend a France Invest event or training course we may film or take photographs at the event that France Invest staff may subsequently use online and in print. We will notify attendees at events if filming or photography is taking place and ensure that there are measures in place to ensure that individuals who do not consent are not filmed or photographed.
You may also opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the instructions outlined in the marketing emails.
How we share your personal information
Where it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or for our internal business processes, we may share your personal information with 3rd parties who process your data on our behalf, such as the entities that host our website and provide certain IT services to us, and entities who provide services relating to our events.
If our business enters into a joint venture with, purchases or is sold to or merges with another business entity, your Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred to the purchaser, our new business partners or owners or their advisors.
In addition, it may be necessary to disclose your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, enforce any agreement, or protect the rights, property, or safety of France Invest, France Invest’s group companies and our contractors, directors, employees or other personnel. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention.
Where necessary, we will ensure that appropriate contracts are in place with the third parties to whom we will transfer personal information.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Under the EU GDPR, being a European Citizen, you have certain rights regarding the personal information that we hold on you and these are:
- The right to be informed about the data we hold on you
- The right of access to the data we hold on you
- The right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to have your personal information erased
- The right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- The right to obtain and reuse the personal information we hold relating to you in a portable format in certain circumstances
- The right to object to certain forms of processing of your data by us
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling of your data by us and our 3rd party data processors.
You can manage your privacy settings within your browser or our applications and services (where applicable). Or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to exercise any of the above rights. Should you wish to take any complaints or queries further, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office regarding such issues. You may choose not to give personal information but we may need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you. If you choose not to give us the required personal information, it may delay or prevent us from meeting our obligations. It may also mean that we will not be able to perform activities needed to run services for you. It could also mean that we cancel a service you have with us. Any data collection that is optional will be made clear at the point of collection.
France Invest Members’ Data
Our members’ contact details and company data are available on this site through a specific search engine which is accessible to registered France Invest members and France Invest Member Directory subscribers. This contact data cannot be downloaded as a file for unsolicited mailings and the France Invest prohibits use of this data for this purpose under its terms and conditions.
France Invest makes no representations or warranties whatsoever as to the accuracy of the information contained on the website. France Invest expressly disclaims all liability and responsibility for any reliance placed on content posted on the website by Main Contacts or other individuals at Member Companies. France Invest expressly disclaims all liability and responsibility for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user arising from any reliance placed on content posted on the website by Main Contacts or other individuals at Member Companies or incurred by anyone who may be informed of this content, whether directly or indirectly, resulting from inaccuracies, defects, errors (whether typographical or otherwise), omissions, out-of-date information or otherwise. Direct, indirect or consequential loss and damage shall include but not be limited to loss of profits or contracts, loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of goodwill and wasted expenditure or management time.
As with all contacts the France Invest communicates with, France Invest members may choose to update their communication preferences at any time via the website or links in emails received from the France Invest, or by contacting the France Invest directly. Each piece of communication will have a clear opt-out option to enable you to stop receiving future communications.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. In particular, we use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. Information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the website works. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. We may also give you options on our website from time to time regarding the acceptance of specific cookies.