Accompagner le secteur en Afrique
Composition of the Club
Created in 2015, the France Invest’s Africa Club has French and African members. Its purpose is to bring together the French and African private equity ecosystems in order to promote the development of African companies of all sizes through equity and to help companies already supported by French private equity in enhancing their African activities.
The board of the Club is composed of 9 members with a representative of France Invest, Investisseurs et Partenaires, AfricInvest, Amethis Finance, Bpifrance, Méridiam, Partech Africa, Proparco and Sofia Fides. This board ensures the representativeness of the management companies involved in Africa.
Luc Rigouzzo (Amethis), President of France Invest’s Africa Club
Hervé Schricke (Sofia Fides), Honorary President of France Invest’s Africa Club and former President of France Invest (June 2010-June 2012)
- Promote investment in funds that invest in Africa to French and European fund managers as well as to institutional and family investors;
Facilitate exchanges with African players;
Build and strengthen relationships with the representatives of the profession on the African continent;
Facilitate access to the African continent for France Invest members and their investments through a better knowledge of the players;
Mobilize the expertise available within France Invest.
- Organization of a conference for the financial community
- Production of content: White Paper on Private Equity in Africa, Entrepreneur’s Guide, quarterly newsletter
- Setting up of working groups: Steering Committee of the Investment Conference, Steering Committee of the White Paper, Working Group on the Fellowship Program
- Concerted actions with national (AMIC, ATIC, A2IC, EPEA, SAVCA, PEVCA Nigeria,…) and regional (AVCA) private equity associations in Africa
- Support for the promotion of the industry to the government authorities
- Participation in partnership in events or conferences on private equity in France and in Africa
Our last events
Webinaire : How is Innovation transforming Africa?
This webinar was co-organized by the Africa Club of France Invest and AfricInvest on March 11, 2021.
Vivian Nwakah, Co-founder & CEO of Medsaf
Adebola Omololu, Director Corporate Development of KaiOS
Benji Meltzer, Co-founder & CTO of Aerobotics
Karim Beguir, Co-founder & CEO of InstaDeep
Moderator: Khaled Ben Jilani, Senior Partner at AfricInvest
Webinaire : Nouveaux secteurs de croissance pour l’investissement privé
Only in French.
Webinar organized by the Africa Club of France Invest, on Friday January 22, 2021.
Jean-Michel Severino (Investisseurs et Partenaires)
Luc Rigouzzo (Amethis), Isabelle Bébéar (Bpifrance)
Thierry Deau (Meridiam)
Damien Braud (Proparco)
Stéphane Colin (Africinvest)
Conference: Due Diligences in a post Covid-19 context
September 23, 2020: Conference on the theme of valuations and due diligence in a post Covid-19 context
Aurelie Pujo, Associée Senior et Secrétaire Générale, Amethis
Damien Jacquart, Partner - Leader Financial Advisory, Deloitte Afrique Francophone
Wilfried Poyet, Directeur d’Investissement, Amethis
Webinar: Impact of Covid-19 on African Private Equity
July 8, 2020: Webinar on "The Impact of Covid-19 on African Private Equity" (Replay)
Our latest publications
Read the 2020 Guide
Guide 2020 to business development on the African continent
Why develop business in Africa?
Check it out now!
French version: Guide 2020 du développement sur le continent Africain
Partners & sponsors
Associate members of France Invest involved in private equity operations, both in France and on the African continent, can be partners of the Club for an event or the production of a study, a book or the organization of thematic working groups.
Join the Africa Club
Download our membership form!
(Form only in French, please contact email@example.com for more information)
Membership in the Africa Club offers many advantages to our members including
- The opportunity to be part of a network of more than a hundred professionals from Africa and Europe. Our members include some of the leading players in private equity in Africa.
Free participation in conferences, roundtables and other meetings offered by the Club.
Be kept informed of private equity news in Africa and of the Club’s activities.
Participation in a more global and longer term vision of the emergence of private equity in Africa.